Thursday, September 20, 2007

"You had some of the best times You'll never remember with me..."

"Alcohol" If you've ever heard Brad Paisley, you've probably heard this song. And now I have it running through your head. He he he. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so mean. And that's really not the purpose of my writing this tonight. I'm writing to share with you something enjoyable, if you like wine that is.


The first is a Riesling by Juliustrum. It's a Riesling Spatlese (insert two dots above the a) lieblich from Rheinhessen Germany. This was a very crisp tasting, semi-sweet wine. Very good. It was bottled and shipped by Winzergenossenschaft Westhofen. For those in Florida, John and I pretty sure we bought this at Sweet Bay since we didn't see it at Publix. Of course, it's been hanging around here for a few months, so I don't really remember.


The second I want to share is Florida Orange Groves and Winery. While in Key West last October we went into this store because Mom wanted some Key Lime pie. We didn't find the pie, but found some incredible wines based off fruits other than grapes. They have peach, pineapple, watermelon, a sangria among many many others. On our trip John and I bought the Peach and Hurricane Category 5 (the sangria). After trying the peach, I looked at the label hoping to find contact information so I could have some shipped in the future if I wanted. Imagine my surprise and delight when I found out the wine is made a few cities over from me! So I have made it my mission to share this wonderful wine since it truly is delightful. If you decide to try some, enjoy!



No comments: