Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm Moving!

I'm finally making the move to Wordpress. The blog title is staying the same, my new address is http://throughthepriszm.wordpress.com/.

There's pretty much only one major reason why I'm moving to Wordpress. Many years ago when Gmail was still invite only, I had set up an account but I hadn't started using it. When I decided to join the blogging world, that's the account information that I used, since that's what I already had. Shortly after that I got fed up with Yahoo Mail since the new update kept giving me problems. I got the bright idea to create a new email persona when I switched services. It was a little strange, I've been Priszm for so long. And I still am, anything that requires a username for posting, that's who I am. But I wanted a change for my email address.

So CraftyCritter was born. Only one problem. While Blogger will allow me to use ANY other email address I may have, it will not change the associated account from whichever form of Priszm I used to my brand new account with gmail. Not only will blogger not let me change the account association, it doesn't maintain a list of usernames and passwords. So I can't just click on the Username field and then select the username I want. So I'm moving!

Wordpress did all of the hard work for me, for the most part. They have a handy dandy import/export tool that let me move all existing posts over. It didn't let me move my blog roll though. So I am officially moved into Wordpress! Come visit me at my new home http://throughthepriszm.wordpress.com/ I'll see you there!

Hugs and kisses,
Priszm

No comments: