Friday, April 25, 2008

MS Ride

This time tomorrow J and I will be well into our first day of the bike MS 150. It seems like just yesterday I was signing up for the ride and setting my goal of $1000. Now, about 6 months later, I've meet my goal and I'm trying to believe that the ride is actually tomorrow.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm nervous because I've never ridden this many miles at a time. I'm excited to join the thousands fighting to help get rid of MS. It's amazing how many people are willing to go to the lengths that they do to help me, Dad and thousands others like us. I know some people are out there just to ride, they enjoy the idea of doing a brisk 150 miles total. But they are there, and they did the necessary fundraising to be there. Scientists are making such huge strides these days and hopefully one day soon a cure will be found.

So that is what I'll be doing this weekend. To get ready for having to get up at the crack of dawn Saturday and Sunday, I took today and Monday off of work. I think it's going to be needed.

Mom and Dad (ok, right now it's pretty much just dad) have joined the blogging world! They are cruise travel agents for Cruises Inc and started The Cruisin' Fools to share their experiences at different vacation spots. It just got started so there isn't a lot on there yet. But if you're interested in reading a personalized account of some of the places the cruise ships go, check it out!

No comments: