Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Make New Friends, But Keep the Old"

I can understand the excitment my friend Courtenay has for her young married couples group through Church. Last night John and I went to a bowling event put on by the Mid-Florida Chapter of the National MS Society. This event was for 20 and 30 year olds diagnosed with MS and a guest. It was a lot of fun to just go, hang out nad meet other people my age in the same boat as me. Although, the topic of MS didn't really come up a whole lot and it was a very small part of any discussions.

We met a very nice couple, Peter and Ellen. Ellen just moved down here to FL in March from Wisconsin. The poor girl is even a Packers fan, says she has been her entire life. But we can forgive her that :) Ellen and Peter live in a city over from John and I and we have lots in common, including an enjoyment for motorcycles.

I am really looking forward to more gatherings with this group. It's funny, we've all come together because of this one common pain in the rear. But it's only a very very small part of who we are. None of us are letting this mess with our lives. And for us, that's the way it should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Val!

Isn't making a core group of friends fabulous?? Seriously...it makes going through stuff so much easier.

I'm glad you've been able to connect with some new friends.