Monday, October 1, 2007

Vacation's Over :(

I'm home now. Vacation is all over. Like the last ten years, the last week just flew by. It feels like there wasn't enough time to do all that I wanted and see all that I wanted. But I did, and had a wonderful time. It was so good to see old friends and meet new ones. And in true Minnesotan fashion, it was wonderful getting together over a good meal. There's nothing quite like getting a chance to enjoy that food at all the childhood haunts. I'm just greatful we got to eat at Totino's as they were supposed to be closed by the end of September and not yet opened in their new location.

The reunion provided a good time for all. I heard that Fridley lost the homecoming game. The class of '97 alumni had already deserted the game for the local watering hole, or formerly known as DiMaggio's. I'm glad we attended the game as there were a few people we got to see Friday that weren't able to make Saturday's official event. The reunion event itself was interesting. It was, to use the word again, interesting to see who had changed and who hadn't. There were several people that looked different and many were very thankful for the name tags that were provided. It was really nice to see some old friends from High School and meet the important people in their lives. Some significant others I almost felt like I already knew. Now, the only question that remains is, will the next ten years go as quickly and how can I slow them down?

Oh, and all pictures will shortly be added to my photobucket album shortly. Keep checking for updates if you're interested!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val!!! I looked for you guys when were leaving and couldn't find you! I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. :( I hope you guys had a fabulous trip home. I was so happy to get to see you and meet your sweet man! And yes, those are mozzarella sticks. ;)

Val said...

There were so many people when we left that we kinda slipped out. I loved meeting Chris too, it kinda felt like I already knew him a little bit :D