Friday, December 28, 2007

It's too late to think of a title

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had the best kind, Mom's fabulous foods and the wonderful company of family. The non-blood related people, they're family too. J got me a beautiful pair of tanzanite earrings, which reminded me I still need to find a jeweler to reset my other pair. He also got me food storage set. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to fit everything in my Ki. I can't even call the space a kitchen, it's just not possible, one of these days I'll have to take a picture to add. Mom and Dad gave me a wonderful new bathrobe, among other things. The only problem with the robe, it's a very warm, soft, fuzzy fabric. And I live in FL. On the plus side, it's supposed to cool down next week, so maybe I'll get to use it then :)

On the crafting front I've still been busy. I finished the afghan for the silent auction. I didn't have any other projects planned, but I was trying to think of what to do with all the blue yarn I have left from J's afghan. If you remember, I bought 5 skeins the day after Thanksgiving as a precaution. Since I had run out of the blue and couldn't find the brand I was using, the Red Heart was a very very very close match, maybe a slight shade off. So as a pre-caution, I bought 5 of them, and didn't even use one to complete the afghan. I also have black left from it and the regular deep purple from the auction blanket. Those three colors are now in my current afghan project. They actually look very nice together, now, I just need to figure out what to do with it. I have an idea, but we'll see.

I'm adding to my addiction too. Oh wait, that was a yarn addiction. So maybe my new discoveries are enabling my yarn addiction. You be the judge. I've joined the forum at Crochetville and I love seeing all the fabulous completed projects. Today I got my invite to Ravelry and I really don't even know where to start. I've got lots to keep me busy and help the nights I work go by faster.

No comments: