Saturday, December 8, 2007

I've Been a Very Busy Bee

Ok, make that a busy crafty critter! I finally finished J's blanket. It's only been in the works for the last 9 months or more. But in between that, I had a baby blanket come up. And a hat. And I decided I wanted a covering for my toilet tank and I wanted to make it so it would semi-match the shower curtain. And I had to finish J's blanket as I was just itching to start my new project, a crochet afghan with a nice big hook. This one will be available to bid on and will hopefully be done very quickly. Since I've been so busy, I thought I'd share the fruits (ok, yarns) of my labor with everyone.



1st view of J's afghan.





This has a better view of the edging. J says it looks to him like confetti and was done with all three colors together.






The covering I made for my toilet tank. My shower curtain is a navy blue with an suns, moons and stars in an antique gold type color.





Someone I know was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She was told that the type she had was a rare type, but if one is going to get this nasty disease, the kind she had was the best type to get. As a precaution, she is going through chemo-therapy. She's not sure if her hair will fall out or not, so I thought I would make her a hat just in case. This is the first time I've ever made one, and it turned out pretty good.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some talent you have there, missy.

Anonymous said...

You are RIDICULOUSLY talented. I can't even sew on a button, let alone knit and crochet anything. Holy wah.

Val said...

Aww, Court I'm blushing. Thank you. I actually follow directions very well for the most part. Funny story. When I was learning how to crochet (from a book) the instructions said to turn. I didn't understand that it meant physically turn the item being created around. I thought it meant turn the hook and I could not for the life of me figure out how to do that right handed. So I ended up being able to crochet right and left handed. I now turn the project itself around too, makes it easier.